21/12/2006

The best is yet to come

Welcome to this new blog and to the first post! I am pastor of an evangelical church is South London. I have read many blogs in the last few years but have avoided having my own - it was never something I believed was for me.

However, I have received many challenges and encouragements to start, in order to share my heart and study of God's Word on the many things that impact our world and the church today. Finally, the Lord gave me a big push through a word of prophecy - and so here I am.

We are told in God's Word "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2v14). There is much going on in the world and the church which is disturbing. Many have asked "does the church have a future?" Terry Virgo has answered that clearly in his book "Does the future have a church?" His answer is "you bet it does!"

It has a great future. The Lord has promised that He will build His church and the very gates of hell will not prevail against it. Despite the pressure and the seasons of decline, Jesus Christ is returning for a radiant church without spot or blemish. The church will grow and the gospel will impact every nation, tribe, people and language in the world. Jesus Christ will win through His church.

This great victory is my vision and the vision behind this blog. I will be sharing this more in the days that lie ahead.

2 comments:

Baxter's Boy said...

Glad that you finally heard the Word of the Lord and are obeying the prophecy to publish!!

The nation desperately needs the anointing teaching that you have been faithfully bringing to Lansdowne for so long.

Looking forward to much blessing from you!

Peter Day said...

Thank you, Baxter's Boy! I have been inspired by your blog so much. I trust this too will be a blessing.